Monday, August 3, 2015

Maharlika Class: July 28, 2015

Tonight's class we continued on teaching the subsets for TD1. On this night, we went over power assist. During class, I was observing everyone's movement, and it showed that TD1 was sinking into their muscle memory. Some of the techniques had to be performed more than once to get the right entry into the target. Once they got it, they flowed right into their entry target. After working these techniques over and over, we then tried free-flowing and added to gain entry by power assist.

This part of class looked so fun that I had to step in and free flow with the student's. Once I realized I could perform these (power assist) at random during free flow, I tried applying the other subsets of TD1 during free flow. I came to realize something I've learned what the Tuhon's where talking about. I learned how the formula was formed. Now, I could just change the variables.

I remember hearing at a Sayoc Kali Instructor's Weekend that when we learn the formula of the drill. We can actually plug any material or technique into that formula to learn a different skill set. No matter what type of technique you use within the formula for example: power assist, no clearing, take downs with blade, lakad, stop blocks, or drawing weapon. We can plug and play the technique into the formula to learn and drill.

Remember your Goals!
Focus!

No comments: