Sunday, August 16, 2015

Class Notes: Aug 9, 2015

Attendees:
Lem
Yonas
Bryant

Notes:

Reviewed 2 of 12 template Rh & Lh
Reviewed 3 of 9 template with tapping
Taught TD1 with new revisions
Reviewed pendulum, corckscrew, and shear tapping

Today's class was nice. I got to see how well they could learn the new TD1. Sometimes trying to re-learn something that you've been taught in the past messes with your technique. One guy hasn't seen the old version of TD1, so there was no need to worry about old tendencies. But what I noticed was the student who already new the old version was able to pick up the new TD1 version without too much issues. I guess the muscle memory and familiarity with the way a Sayoc Kali practitioner moves are installed to correctly respond to an attack.

Then, I discussed switches and timers. Also I talked about the reactionary gap.

No comments: