Friday, November 18, 2011

Immortals-God and Titans



I went to see this movie recently because I heard that Tuhon Rafael Kayanan from Sayoc Kali helped work on it. Another reason I wanted to check it out is because the directors also did the movie 300.

First, let me start by saying that it has some sweet action scenes. There were a few blade action sequences that showed a nice flow. There was a primal scene where the lead character, Theseus, faces off against a tall beast a.k.a. the executioner. He got some good slashes to the back of the knees to take out the tendons which dropped him, then to the neck area for a vital hit.

I wished the movie developed the story line better. Theseus' character was not as compelling as King Leonidas of 300. I really didn't cheer for Theseus. I just watched it for the action scenes. I think King Hyperion (Micky Rourke) had a stronger impact throughout the movie than Theseus' character. Micky Rourke did a great job depicting an evil mastermind.

If you like to watch a movie for some blade action, Immortals will not disappoint.

No comments: