Thursday, September 15, 2011

Visiting Maharlika Martial Arts (MMA). Aug. 30

In this class, we reviewed receiver grips with Guro Bob teaching. I helped beginners learn the receiver grip techniques. In the second part of the class, Guro Bob had the experienced guys partner up with the beginners and try to perform a receiver grip on them while they were feeding. It was very hard to initially pull of the technique in the air. Joe Cepressi also mentioned that it was hard to just pull-off a receiver grip when just tapping. In all, the class was great! I got to see what works and what doesn't work while free-flowing.

Things I thought worth remembering when trying to get a receiver grip while free-flowing. I can't just grab the blade hand and perform any of the receiver grips. I have to stun the feeder to produce the delay (half-beat) in order to get a receiver grip.

No comments: