Thursday, September 29, 2011

Training at Maharlika Martial Arts (MMA). Sept. 27

It was a good class at MMA. I was able to review a lot of material with Joe C. who also teaches a training group out in Baltimore, Md. We went over templates 4 of 12, 2 of 12 smoking knife, 3 of 10, TD 1-7. Guro Bob had the other guys go through silak for TD 1 and new guys for 3 of 9 w/tapping.

I had a chance to free-flow with Joe and try to incorporate receiver grips and silak when I was the receiver. I think next time I will try working on one concept during free-flow. . . to see if I could pull-off a receiver grip or silak move. One thing I realized that I have to rely on is my cross-tapping the blade first before executing the grip/silak move.  I think I'll try working on 7 count passing drills during next class with my students.

No comments: