Sunday, March 15, 2015

Class Notes: 3/15/2015

Attendees:
Bryant
Dan
Lem

Notes:
Dan and I free-flowed while waiting for Bryant to show up. I noticed when I was feeding Dan, he would always finish off his tap with a left hand post and then push off to my feeding arm. So next few feeds, I knew what he would do. It seemed like his go to move. I was able to exploit his go to move, by making a bigger circular motion over his head, this made him miss posting my arm and me getting my cut. Interestingly though, I wasn't going fast. It took him a few times to figure out what I was doing.

We got to talking about the meaning for free-flow. Most of the time, we want to play our best technique out there. But we should rethink and make it a learning tool. We need to remind ourselves that it's time for experimentation. Time to see if that technique you were training works. Also, I remember Pamana Tuhon Sayoc talking to us about fighting our twin. What if we had to fight someone who was equal to us in speed, power, and knew what you knew. How would we be able to defeat him? What is the answer?

When Bryant got to class, it would be an interesting one. Bryant brought his baby daughter, and she was running around while Dan and Bryant were performing TDs. Made for a fun but challenging training for them.

TD 1-4 reveiwed
TD 5 taught. Bryant is training both Feeder and Receiver sides. Second week in doing TD5. More reps in will hopefully get it into memory.


No comments: