Thursday, July 26, 2012

Maharlika Martial Arts class: July 24, 2012

Today's class we reviewed 3 of 9 material to Transitional Drills. Later, we spent time in free flow in class. Guro Bob reminded us to cut along different lines (elbow chipping, following forearm line, and punching) and diggables. Being the Feeder, we should be able to get the cut most of the time. Eventually, the Receiver cannot keep cross tapping and he will get cut.

I had a new student to try my Feeding skills. He was good but moved around like I was running after him with the blade. Later, Guro Bob had me feed him in the corner of the room to force him to stay in one place so he could practice his cross tapping. I think in bjj they call the newbies--spazzing that will do anything (jerky movement, panic, flailing). I guess my new partner was spazzing with some tapping but was getting cut every time he used his bad hand. I kept telling him to practice tapping correctly first.

He'll eventually get it. All of us started this journey at some point in time.

No comments: